Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Where's the seanut brittle?!


During lunch last year in school, the topic of TV shows would always come up at the table. All my friends would talk about watching 24 or Lost or Rock of Love or The Office. Don't get me wrong, I watch some of these occasionally, too. But are they really meant for our age group of fourteen to fifteen year olds? No! That's why they don't have as much appeal to me as Degrassi or Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide or even Spongebob! These are the shows for us, and then my friends think I'm immature for watching them.
I totally understand my friend's points of view. Degrassi, a show that revolves around sex and high school is definitely meant for eight year olds... not.
While watching a Spongebob episode titled "Pranks a Lot" this came to my head. Don't ask me why Patrick crying over seanut brittle made me think of my lunch discussions. My mind works in mysterious ways. Any of you guys watch shows that aren't necessarily meant for your age group? I'd love to hear about it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment