Thursday, July 2, 2009

What kind of suitcase should I use?

It's actually quite debatable. You want the perfect thing to carry around all your stuff in when you go away on vacation. It's something I've been pondering as I'm about to go away to Cape Cod this month. Here are the kinds I'm familiar with:
  • The duffel bag
  • The traditional suitcase
  • The wheelie
  • The backpack (Yay! A reminder of school...)
  • A giant handbag
Alright, so I'm going to talk about the luggage that should go in each, and my personal opinion. The duffel bag is my personal favorite, for it can be as cheap as $20 and quite convenient. You just carry them in your hand all day, because the bag itself is very lightweight. The thing that annoys me is all your things get jostled. Ugh.
The traditional suitcase... ew. I'm sorry to you people who happen to love your suitcases but I just hate them. Once mine opened in the middle of when I was carrying it, and, well, I just hate 'em. Sorry!
The wheelie. These are fun – if I was still three years old. I mean seriously. (I had a Scooby Doo one, though)! I mean, yes, I do use them sometimes, but they're just too heavy for me (the wheels add a lot of weight). They don't even have enough space for me! Then again, knowing me, I pack much more than I need too.
A giant backpack... yayyy, I can be like Dora the Explorer. Ah, bringing back those childhood memories. I hated my childhood. :( But these are actually quite nice, it's just that my back hurts after a while.
Finally, the giant handbag! I love these, however I would also probably use a wheelie/duffel bag along with this, as being a pack rat I need all my things with me, and just the big handbag wont cut the deal. Just saying. :)
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading this pointless entry I wrote, and maybe you found some humor in reading about my cherished Scooby Doo wheelie. Thanks!

SOMETHING FUN TO DO OVER THE SUMMER:
Have a sleepover – outside! Grab one of your BFF's, and lay your sleeping bag on the grass or rooftop. Watch out for mosquito's, though. Those pesky demons attacked my legs today. Count the stars and breathe in that summer air!

No comments:

Post a Comment