Sunday, June 28, 2009

Get fit over the summer

I believe that many of you probably are going to be doing sports. I know I signed up for the track team, and I need to get fit! The summer is a great time to practice before fall sports so you don't end up being the worst player on the team. Ugh! Been there, done that.
Take summer vacation as an opportunity. Practice with friends, family, cousins, your weird neighbor with seven cats, or even the mailman! I know I'll try to jog every morning to build up my endurance. What sport are you doing? Soccer? Lacrosse? Hockey? Baseball? Softball? Or maybe track, like me? Find the skill you need and find a way/place to practice it. For example, I'd be at a good advantage if I was doing soccer. I live right near a park with a soccer field!
So get out, and get active!

What if I don't like sports or don't want to sign up?
Ah, well you're missing out! Sports are a great way to work on cooperation and teamwork skills. You can even make some great friends who love doing the same thing that you do. Seriously consider it. Besides, some school's teams give out very cute sweatshirts/uniforms. You can show off to the world what sports you play.

What if none of my friends want to sign up for the sport I want to do?
I know it's cheesy, but seriously: follow your heart! Don't let your friends hold you back. Okay, so maybe the "popular" people are on the team, and you don't want to be alone. Trust me, they are not all heartless, and not many people are vicious to people on their own team when it comes to sports. Besides, and I said this before, you can make new friends, too.

I was supposed to sign up a while ago, and now it's too late. :(
Boo-hoo. It's still summer, people! Try e-mailing your guidance counselor or your principal to see if it really is too late. They can be a great help. You can find their e-mail addresses from friends or you can check your school's website. And if it really is too late (which I doubt it will be if you act ASAP) then there's always next season. You'll just have to wait 'till winter.

I hope I've inspired some of you guys to try out, or to get out there and practice for a sport instead of sitting here and reading blogs all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment